Crazy world... insane thoughts
It's like the title says...

ashes to ashes

 
isn’t that where we’re all gonna end up anyways?
so why live with the tension?
live life like a king.... and let the cookie crumble.
a utopian thought - so why am I not able to apply it to the self?
This has been an interesting week. I have seen 2 creations focussed on man’s destruction of the self in the quest for love and glory. Both creations of the same mind - Anurag Kashyap.
He made GULAAL & DEV D. I am his fan now.
Enough has been written and said about both the films in question. I would love to see them again. Maybe my learnings will be different this time around.
For an uncanny reason I was able to identify with so much from both the films. Putting it down here is beyond the scope of anything I ever had for this blog. But let me share some of the broad lessons that I learned from my life - reflected in his films.
  • the woman in your life can make you and break you. forget male will power. we are slaves to this form.
  • the female form will destroy you if you let it take over. it’s a drug resistant affliction that folks call love.. lust..crush...devotion.
  • examining the dark underbelly of life is a necessary part of growing up. call it experience. but i have seen it all and come back to write this - i know i’m that much wiser
  • the world is a big place. we make it small with our thoughts and desires. we constrain ourselves to think similarly.
  • power is intoxicating. it lets us believe we can do that much more.
  • one can move on. i didn’t stay in my rut for long. i come out of one rut ... looking for the next.

so does it matter.... we’re gonna self destruct anyways.
is the pain of love worth it?
I guess so. It’s great while it lasts.
ashes to ashes...
2 comments:

wow!tht was so deep and profound.


moments of profoundness .. like the passing rains that come for a bit but leave their mark


Arjuns Tryst with the camera's Fan Box

cinemascope

As it happens

    Blog Archive


    FOllowers

    About Me

    My photo
    Gurgaon, India
    traveling life's quaint paths and making my own destiny...

    Keeping Track