Skip to main content

25 random things about me

This is not an easy tag that Kavita sent my way.
For starters - it's not easy to classify things as being "RANDOM" about oneself.

I hate to think of myself as random. I believe all things gave a purpose. So here goes...
  1. I like canines more than humans.
  2. I play with LEGO at this age.
  3. I can go to any length to get that perfect shot off on the camera.
  4. I received training in Western dancing from JJ Rodrigues..... but never took it further!
  5. I find it hard to expect pain when it is expected of me. But then there are times when it just flows out.
  6. I was a deep introvert once - used to feel tongue tied and shy around women!
  7. I used to leave hidden valentines day cards in mail boxes... signed off as "Invisible Admirer".. during my stay in Hyderabad Estate in Mumbai.
  8. I got high at this party and proposed to my Girlfriends roommate. Then realizing my mistake - i cam back and told my GF that i'd done this as a joke to see her reaction. She was not to take her seriously. I lied. I meant every word.
  9. Girls & women have got me in and out of every adventure / shithole in my life.
  10. I learned cooking as a chore - but now I relish it.... even at 2am!
  11. I get caught every time I try to lie. The joker within comes to the fore and this silly grin plays across the face.
  12. I love gadgets - but I can't drive... and I don't think I ever will..
  13. I miss mumbai and though we are settled in Delhi now - i would give up a lot of things to get back to my favorite city.
  14. I would binge on shopping to get over depressing periods in life. Drinking never worked for me.
  15. I never thought I'd get married- no girl would fit the bill and vice versa - now I wonder how time flies.
  16. Every time I read / hear about injustice - I fume up and secretly wish that I had a gun to take the law into my own hands.
  17. My only visible identification mark - the scar - is given my sibling at the age of 7
  18. I love kids and wish there were a ton of them around me - i lose my sense of impatience with them
  19. I'm obsessed with maintaining records
  20. I love being bald.... i feel it sets me apart from the rats in the race
  21. I love to RUN, when I can walk..... and then I'm clumsy!
  22. I dream... a lot... and sometimes I remember them too.
  23. I never give up on a relationship... and it hurts me when others do. I bend backwards then - but its never enough!
  24. I'm pushy at trying to get things done - but i keep trying to be the nice guy! Sometimes I fall flat on both fronts!
  25. Leave me alone in my room - with my computer, some beer, my camera , games and the internet.... and you wouldn't know that I existed.

Comments

Kavita Lad said…
Interesting stuff, Arjun! 'Obsessed with maintaining records'...hehe! :)
Arjun said…
yeah..i kinda like to think of myself as a historian!!
SMM said…
I totally agree with the last one :P
Arjun said…
i kinda knew you would!!
I am the silent one

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …