Skip to main content

topsy turvy

I’m starting to disbelieve.
My mind is in a spin and it’s currently doing about 7Gs!!
Somehow the feeling of what’s going to happen next is eating away at me. My responsibilities as a householder, as a son, as a brother, as an employee are suddenly looking so heavy.
That optimism that is traditionally me is evaporating. I must be doing it all wrong cos’ nothing feels right.

I was extremely positive, happy and content as the day began. The shift in polarity or should I say pole reversal happened in the evening. My self worth is currently way down and it’s not because of Lehmann Brothers. But a brother it is.

Sometimes we get angry and say things we shouldn’t. Those are explainable to a host of factors. Sometimes we smile and say things that cut like a knife - in this case those words drained me in minutes.
After all the effort of the last 2 years, it has finally come to this.

He believes I’m not serious - I disagree.
He is a control freak - I am not (though I do keep track)
We’re result oriented - but we’re different.
He gives new ideas - I implement them successfully.
He procastinates - I decide
He contradicts himself - I set precedents and implement as the situation warrants
He can’t handle NO people - I am NOT a YES man
He is insecure about life - I know what I have and what i don’t.
He is vindictive - I let things go (mostly)
Nobody but me ACTUALLY disagrees with him  - Nobody but me ACTUALLY supports him more.

Impulsive me is doing introspection. I’m thinking if I had done things differently and I could have avoided this situation. He said it quite pleasantly - that I needed to strengthen up in most of my work areas, that I needed a mentor, that he was not that person, that he would find someone for me , that I needed a change..... I get the signals dude!!

This knife hurts.

Comments

Moon Strummer said…
*hug hug*
Keshi said…
Arjun sometimes nothing feels right cos there's nothing that's right(/wrong) anyways. :) We just carry on somehow, thanks to our ATTITUDE to life. Its perspective.

*HUGS*


Keshi.
SMM said…
The knife is double edged. Today its hurting you tomorrow its going to hurt him. Knowing the person you are and the strength you possess you'l get over it and emerge stronger. Knowing him he's going to be the one who gets stabbed with his own knife.
Arjun said…
Thanks a ton beautiful ladies!!
Trust me - i reaally really value that support:-)
SMM said…
Do you value it enough to buy me a new pair of shoes?
Arjun said…
no no no....
Still thinking said…
You know I keep reading your blog but rarely comment - sorry for that! Couldn't leave without commenting today - you and only you know your own worth Arjun and nobody, absolutely nobody else can tell you otherwise. The knife is blunt already :) Take care

I like the hubby-wifey banter :D
Keshi said…
haha SMM n Arjun! cute :)

Keshi.

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …