Crazy world... insane thoughts
It's like the title says...

Dad - this one is for you!

It was our early morning drive to work....
was listening to Mike & the Mechanics hum THE LIVING YEARS...!!

Suddenly the lyrics started pushing buttons inside.

Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door

I know that Im a prisoner
To all my father held so dear
I know that Im a hostage
To all his hopes and fears
I know that i want to be like my dad and he's been there for me every single time I needed him. He's the man I idolize, although I never say it using a loudspeaker standing on the rooftop!

Crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
Im afraid thats all weve got
We don't have stilted conversations... even if there's a difference of opinion. We don't suffer from the generation gap syndrome either.
This was in 2006 when you went in for your surgery...i cannot express how "on edge" we were then.

Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
Its too late when we die
To admit we dont see eye to eye
But i do admit that i've stopped listening as well as I used to. Things are not the same as they were 10 years ago. I've definitely changed - maybe he has too, a little.
With Gautam and me...2 sons!
So dont yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day
And if you dont give up, and dont give in
You may just be o.k.
It's not easy being like him... being self-made (if anyone ever was).
I can talk about him, his achievements for hours on end. But suddenly - when commiting them to typed text - the fingers falter... wondering if I can do justice....
With his wife of 32 years.. and counting!

You inspired me to cook, dad!
You taught me how to give gyaan!!
You bid adieu to you daughter with a smile... with the strength of a rock... waiting till she'd gone, before the tears! You taught me to be strong and morally upright.
The family of 6. Bonds of strength.

I Love ya dad!!
5 comments:

That I should be we - "We all love ya Dad"

Btw Dad also inspired me to cook. I get like really puffed up when he says I have made something well :)


wow dat was really gud to read..
m missin my dad..he out of station


thanks joiedevivre.... my dad was in the indian navy... so we used to miss him more often than not... as he'd be away sailing


wow wut a GREAT post, GREAT dad and GREAT family!

brought tears to my eyes...remembering my dad...long gone but not forgotten...

Keshi.


hey Keshi...
He lives on in your heart and I'm sure you derive strength from that

God bless

Arjun


Arjuns Tryst with the camera's Fan Box

cinemascope

As it happens

    Blog Archive


    FOllowers

    About Me

    My photo
    Gurgaon, India
    traveling life's quaint paths and making my own destiny...

    Keeping Track