Skip to main content

Memory does not fail me!

It came upon me suddenly....
I felt the urge to see what had become of them... those young ladies that I had a crush on - once upon a time.
So I searched for them... and guess what.. facebook works!!
I can't name them here - cos then I'm gonna get beat when I get home, if I ever make it that far :-) No Names - No Dates - No Places. I'll be facing a court martial if I talk.
I haven't attempted contacting them - but it's nice to see that I can still remember their names and what they looked like. Guess what - most of them wouldn't even remember the geeky lil fella who sat somewhere around them and was always trying to be helpful. I recollect that I was never shy - but yeah I wasn't BF material either. I was kinda confused! Not that it got better with age. It took quite a few falls to realize how things were destined to turn out.
I remember this time a couple of years ago when Tina and I were partying with Vishal and he had a couple of friends from HBS join us (in Delhi). I was able to recall that one of them had attended the same Tution classes as me in 1992. I was also able to recall where he used to sit in the class and what kind of clothes he wore. Man - I really spooked him out.
Ok - the long term memory (ROM) still works!!
But the RAM (short term memory) fails quite often - esp when I have to remember something Supriya told me to remember. Why why why???

Coming back to the primary topic of discussion... the urge to recollect and remember.... hmm still wondering where that came from. Life has been rather good to me (in the strategic sense). I may have lost some battles - but I'm on my way to winning the war. And in order that I continue winning the war - I have to be a good reporter and never quote names - just some well informed sources. No dates either. Actually the safest option is to keep my mind shut. But like they say you can take a Mahajan out of Chari... but never the Chari out of the Mahajan.
So the memoirs shall continue!!




PS: Chari is my native village in the middle of Himachal someplace

Comments

J said…
This post reminds me of Willie Nelson's ever famous song that goes best with whiskey and some guy friends.

To all the girl's i've loved before.. ;)

Erm, that might not be the case here, but eitherways.

All my ex's now give me the cold shoulder.. wonder why!!
Arjun said…
well... you're not far off the mark.. the song is quite close :-)

all my ex's.. well they're so well settled and living happy lives.... that I'm quite sure they don't rue breakin up with me....
Alls well that ends well.!!

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …