Skip to main content

Blocking a vent

It’s a strange situation that i find myself in. Well - aren’t they always!!
I blog on a regular basis. Most times - he thoughts flow. It’s difficult for my typing to keep pace with them Then again just that once in a while - i feel the onrush but it’s like - gone in a blink. Before i can say jackrabbit - elvis has left the building!
Bloggers block they call it.

The block gets lifted and sunshine prevails!
I cannot stand stupidity. In fact I can very candidly admit that i see red when stupidity raises her/his bright little head. I see things life Mr.Karat & Co. blackmailing the govt on the Nuclear deal issue. I’m no Congress lover - but then this is like crap. We accept it as if this part and parcel of democracy - maybe in spirit - but not in the way things are being done today. I see folks who are penny wise and pound foolish - people who will quote ideals to save the proverbial buck but splurge on other wasteful stuff and leaving others perplexed. Then there are those who love to look at the GIFT HORSE in the face and ignore his presence. You can lead them wherever, but they’ll never recognize an opportunity. They talk positive and act negative. Line em up against the wall and reduce the burden - I say!

I see opportunities around me everyday - but I hesitate. The reason - well there’s just one reason - the clod on top. The youngster is manufactured from a special clay - that refuses to get moulded. Maybe someday he’ll be all grown up and all that. He goes through bouts of contradiction and generally suffers from an inferiority complex. I tried to help out - in the beginning - now I’m past caring! It’s just too much effort explaining things in their minutest of details to him. There are some tasks he’d given me - and true to my vindictive nature - I’ve just let them be - he constantly emails me / questions me - I play dumb gleefully! It’s like John who showed Rita the middle finger - i do it a little more subtly - the clod is my brother after all!
A friendly consultant advised me to get out because people don’t really change - I may adjust but never change. I listened and agreed to his viewpoint. But I let it lie there. I want to see how much I can actually take. The doctor says its not good to test this particular feeling - but I’ll walk the edge for a bit.

I’m doing my bit for my uncle and aunt and the debt I owe them. I’m also doing it for me - because I believe I have made a difference to the folks around me. The debt is not in monetary terms - more like deep seated respect and love - but the CLOD is a real test of willpower.

It’s funny - what started out as a rant on bloggers block moved onto an appreciation of the stupid mind and a catharsis of feelings that affect me.

Comments

sam said…
hey, can you update your blogroll from my blogger link to the wordpress one? :-)
Arjun said…
what's the wordpress URL???

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …