Skip to main content

Help reqd...

The creative mind wanders. So many ideas. The mind needs to expand to comprehend and categorize. I don;t have the faintest idea what the scientists have t say about all this. What i do understand is that there are a whole lot of themes that come to mind in the course of the day. I wish i could speak aloud on each of them. It’s like having do many threads to hold on to. Each thread is a roll of yarn in its own special way. But I can’t hold on to those ideas.. those mesmerizing images of the end of each rainbow.
No pot of gold awaits me there. But I’m not inspired by gold.

I’ve always had a latent desire to be a good photographer. So I’ve started studying the subject. Much of what i know has not come from books. It’s something that is in the blood - a sense of appreciation of aesthetics and pictorial value. There is a thought to each composition. It’s understandable that what is obvious to me may need some serious convincing on the other side of the fence. I’m willing to try and work on that piece of communication.

Communication has been a strongpoint in my life. I’ve inherited it from my dad. He can be the life of the party and break the ice in an instant with most strangers. I’m good - but not as good as him - yet. But it’s not something I make a very conscious effort at. When the frequency clicks - it clicks. When it doesn’t - I adapt and click.

So I look at communicating ideas. I admit I’m not the best chess player around - but in matters of ideation and communication - I manage to hold my ground and convey some.

I start at home - with my wife, the parents & then to work. It’s interesting to note that I get these vibrations when I know I will gel with someone or clash. In most cases I work towards avoiding that clash and seek a middle ground for both parties.
But now, after 3 decades of experience in life - there are a few folks with whom i can brook no patience. Some are not in my circle of interest/ influence - notably the politicians who run this country, Brittney Spears etc. There are also a few folks within this circle who are now approaching the edge. The creative mind is seeking solutions to these circumstantial aberrations who are malfunctions of procreation and/or traumatic growth processes inflicted by family & society.

Ideas anyone??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …