Crazy world... insane thoughts
It's like the title says...

The God of Small things

This is not about the book. It’s just a title that seemed apt.

We frequently ignore the smaller the “SMALL” things that make our life worth the effort. Someone forwarded me a message the other day – it was a normal SMS joke. Something I’d feel inclined to delete after reading. I did.

But the event was not lost on me.
Somewhere a friend took a minute (actually less than 20 secs) to send me a message. He/She was thinking of me. I entered the thought process and an SMS was sent. It’s the thought of being thought about that set me thinking.

People say we live in a very fast moving world today – what with all the internet, email, mobile telephony – we forget the smaller pleasures. I differ – and I don’t beg to do so.
In fact – I think our communication has improved – keeping in mind the speed with which everything else is changing.

I remember a few friends each day. I send them a GOOD MORNING sms. I know for a fact that that is appreciated at their end. They tell me so. Our communication remains intact.

Yes – I don’t write SNAIL MAIL letters any more. Why should I? It’s just not cost effective and also more time consuming. I want to COMMUNICATE MORE in the same time.

So please forgive me if I don’t spend hours writing a letter or move from one relative’s house to another on a Sunday – the one day I get an off.

It’s not like my feelings have diminished or that I care a damn about the world at large ( sometimes I do). This is COMMUNICATION 101 – applicable in the world we live in…
I love SMSes… so please keep sending them across.,…. Thank you lord for the smaller pleasures you’ve afforded me.
2 comments:

Yes, Arjun, I do treasure your Good MOrning messages. I wait every morning eagerly for them and you know that well...after it is the wonders of modern communication that brought us together and kept us together ;-)


And the days you forget to send it...I call you a forgetful character n give you gaalis ;-)


Arjuns Tryst with the camera's Fan Box

cinemascope

As it happens

    Blog Archive


    FOllowers

    About Me

    My photo
    Gurgaon, India
    traveling life's quaint paths and making my own destiny...

    Keeping Track