Skip to main content

8th March again

It’s a day when you celebrate womanhood internationally. It’s a day to stand up and feel proud of being a member of the fairer gender.

Well – I respect women as equals. I don’t think it’s necessary to have a particular day to celebrate “being” a woman. Everyday is a reason to celebrate – for all of us – for being alive and being able to chart our destiny.

I’ve always been partial to the fairer gender, whether at work, at play, at home or in the bus. My dad said – be chivalrous. He taught me so, and I learned. When I say partial I d do not mean it in an unequal sort of way – it’s just the way I think about certain things. For instance – I would offer my seat to an older lady vis-à-vis an older man, or I’d keep the door open for a lady (age no bar), rather than I would for a male member of the species.

I must admit in all fairness, I am where I am today – because of the women in my life. Some from the beginning, some who came and went (teaching me some useful stuff) and the one woman – whom I shall share my life with.
As Willy boy once said – the entire world’s a stage & the men and women merely players – each playing out his or her part. So also the women who’ve helped shape me, push me, cajole me, love me, curse me… and guide me to what I am today.

Some names in no particular order– MOM, Tina, Supriya, Anila bua, Shoma, Shilpa, Niharika, Surabhi, Paulette, Anu, Soumya, Madhuri, Sudeshna, Puja, Ranjini, Sarbani, Mohua, Neela, Vrinda, Rita, Gayatri, Alifyaha, Lata, Elizabeth, Mayura, Jigisha, Preeti, Sudha, Anjali, Priya, Anku, Menka, Reshma, Aparna, Rasika, Shweta, Jacqueline, Manu, Anjali, Gunjan, Mridul, Tina (again), Jolein, Aditi, Amandeep, Asha, Prachi, Rashmi, Roop, Vandana, Shivali, Rinku, Shivy, Tulika, Poornima, Renu, Parul, Priyanka, Ruby, Deblina, Tanvi, Arpita, Adrija, Buli, Sam, Rebecca, Deepika, Binita, Kavita, Dhanshree, Anita, Taruna, Ayesha, Shruti, Vani, Richa, Sarika, Niyati, Kim, Baishali, Piyal, Paulomi, Divya, Rujuta, Lydia…...

Thank you all, so very much.
Oh and a very happy woman’s day to all of you, all year round!!!

Comments

Xai said…
To start with, you're another man who can stand being a little educated about the cause of Womens Day. Please read Wikipedia

But more important, its nice to see men who understand that real equality is when men and women understand that the reason we're so different (and yet mainly heterosexual) is because we need each other.
HolyTrance said…
Arjun...u sure u havent missed out on any name [;-)]?
Niharika said…
Hey Bud...Gotta say I'm really touched to see my name up there...however, I really wonder how I may have 'touched' you..actually on the other hand I totally understand what a big influence I must have on the people around me...lol..hahahah

Thank you for your thoughtful comments
Jo said…
Hey Arjun, thanks so much :-) So sweet of you to include me in your list of amazing, superb, intelligent, gorgeous, and fabulous women! ;-) heheh!!

You've certainly won yourself a whole bunch of brownie points on this post! ;-)
Gunjan said…
I agree with you on "celebrating each day" and not just one day. Infact, there should not be a special day to celebrate the womanhood..par ab kisi ne bana diya hai tou hum mana bi lete hain.
Anyways, thanks for putting me in the list but I still dont know which one did I do from the list (helped shape me, push me, cajole me, love me, curse me… and guide me )......lol.

Popular posts from this blog

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …