Crazy world... insane thoughts
It's like the title says...

Trying to understand

Sometimes I have agonized over a question such as "why can't he/she understand how I feel?"
Maybe I've had an argument with him/her, and found that the more I talk, the more frustrated I get.

Or I thought I had explained something clearly to them, only to find out they later made a choice that left me thinking "I'd have been better off talking to the wall!"

At such times, it may help me to look closely at whether I was really looking for their understanding, or obedience?
If I'm lecturing my partner about how right my viewpoint is, for example, I give them the clear message that their viewpoint is "wrong", or "mistaken".

Have I really listened carefully and thoughtfully to their point of view?
Unless I truly have, it's hypocritical of me to expect them to listen to mine any better.

If I played back my words, I might find that I'm not only expecting them to agree with my point of view, but also make choices I want because of it.
Maybe in their mind, he or she may be thinking "once I understand you, it means I have to do what you want".

No wonder they don't want to understand!
0 comments:

Arjuns Tryst with the camera's Fan Box

cinemascope

As it happens

    Blog Archive


    FOllowers

    About Me

    My photo
    Gurgaon, India
    traveling life's quaint paths and making my own destiny...

    Keeping Track