Skip to main content

The impatient patient.

I understand that life is not about a quick fix or a rush. It is about following your dreams across the mountains of mist, following that rainbow , where a pot of gold awaits you.
Life is about a steady growth punctuated by moments of realization which add depth and dimensions to the movement. It's like a video game where each successive level gains the player access to increased weapons and goodies to combat the challenges therein.
These increased weapons are not guns and bombs. They are the strength that comes with wisdom. Wisdom to understand, mull over the facts, analyse the circumstances and take decisive action.
Action, to my way of thinking, must necessarily be decisive. Half hearted action yields not the desired results.


Patience is one of the signs of attained wisdom. It is also a sign of maturity.
All the wise men and women say so.
In my heart of hearts I agree with them.
And now as I grow older - I should be more patient. Sometimes i'm not. It makes me wonder - the analysis is generally post facto.
Then there's that unknown rule of destiny & fate playing their hands in my life.
The wheel weaves as the wheel wills - so says one of my favorite books. The weaves of our lives intersperse with one another. People we didn’t know till the morning- become close. Friends to enemies and vice versa.


I am definitely an impatient patient.
Trying to jump levels sometimes ,in this game. Attempting to use a cheat code even when I know that none will work.
No - i'm not lazy. In fact the very opposite of it. I work extremely hard to succeed and win. Sometimes that "win" is the only comprehensible goal.
Mallik, a friend, once commented ," you are always competing. You are in competition with all those around you." So I am.
But more than anyone else - I compete against me. I lose sometimes. I do learn - never to repeat!
The questions I should stop and ask myself are, where am I headed in such haste.? Is it fame, glory, riches, the arms of a beautiful woman? What's in it for me? Why this selfish streak of self obsession where I disregard thoughts for others? What was the last good thing I did for anyone (other than myself)?


Answers - patience !!!


They will come with each level. Starting to ask the right questions is a good beginning.
I drown in the melody of Vivaldi ad his four seasons as I search the path. As that peters out - dire straits belt out "walks of life".
So very poignant - I must observe - and extremely tuned to the moment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a good piece :)
And yes, I do agree with the main theme. Patience is a virtue that many seek, but only few acquire.
Good luck in your quest.
Mallik said…
Now that you tried competing with yourself, try harmonizing with yourself.

Life is hell of a trial and error.
Arjun said…
Yes Mallik
I'm trying that. It's much tougher than it sounds - actually!!!

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …