Skip to main content

I miss..


Yes , I am a sentimental fool.

I miss the good times and the people with whom I encountered them.

I miss the beaches of goa, the evening sit downs at Marine Drive , the long runs in Priyadarshini Park. I miss getting high and walking from VT to Churchgate - singing aloud!! I miss the hearty lunches at Mahesh lunch home.

(L-R) Lydia, Reshma, John, :-) , Paulette & Tony

I miss the all night dancing with a beautiful lady on me arms. I miss the quiet sunsets of Madh Island - staring into the horizon with just one thought - how does one preseve this moment forever?

My Life has traversed a long path in the last 28 years. I would not be able to remember all those I miss. But i thought it would be a good thing to try. The hits and the miss(es)- oh I really miss some of the miss' who walked alongside me from time to time. I wonder if they ever miss(ed) me... I miss them for no particular reason - other than the fact that sometimes I wished I had them around. Life would be better then.

So here goes...in no particular order...of those people with whom I have lost touch!!

D.S.Sudha - studied with her for 2 yrs at DPS RK Puram. Her birthday was 11th Sep - and hence unforgettable!! She was the class topper types and did her Engineering afterwards. I met her a couple of times after school finished. Even bumped into her on a Valentines day back in 1998. We were good friends during the school days given that there were 46 guys & 4 gals in the class. She left for the US for her Post Grads & vanished someplace.

Anshul Gupta - another one of my friends from DPS. We were the thickest of pals and kinda did everything together for those 2 years. I met him 4 years later after our engineering courses on one of his trips to Mumbai. He runs a Fire-fighting sales co. somewhere in Faridabad. We met that one time and never again. His birthday is 14th Feb & again very easy to remember.

Raghav Ramdev - this is a blast from the past. Raghav, Siddharth & myself constitiuted the Campion school quiz team, way back in 1993. Our Claim to fame was the semi-finals of the All India Limca Book of records quiz in Kolkata. We never got to the finals - that is another story though. He was a quiet boy, bright in academics and extremely soft spoken. We had a quiet understanding and were pretty good friends at that. He's gone missing since 1993.

Siddharth Rastogi - this guy was an all rounder, kinda like Adam Gilchrist if there could be an analogy. Great at sports, good leader, intelligent & part of the IN crowd. I never met him after school, but kept a track of him. He completed his engineering - followed it up with an MBA from IIM. Wonder where he is now?

Paras Bairoliya - a fashion designer today. He was the guy who designed Virendra Sehwags outfit for his wedding. This guy was a creative brain charming all the girls at school. He hailed from Shillong, spoke an accented english - that sounded quite Western, was good at observing the female hand :-) He was always a designer, drawing dresses instead of solving Physics. He got thru NIFT, Delhi in 95 , when we were all trying to enter the IITs & Roorkees. Always knew he'd make it someplace BIG.

Mayura James - One lady for whom I have searched this entire webspace, silently. She was my first crush - back when I was a 14 year old and she a year ahead at 15. I knew her as my fathers boss' niece. If I were to stand and ask the lord fr one thng today -it'd be the opportuity to tell her how I felt back then. She was and i assume continues to remain the most beautiful girl I have known. She also had the most pleaseing personality one could encounter. She had the ability to catch the eye of every male & female in a room at the age of 15. SHe always said she wanted to see me in a Tuxedo - oh that she could give me a chance - again!!

Comments

gaurav said…
Hey Arjun,
This is Gaurav Ramdev. Raghav's younger brother. Was just searching through random stuff and got to your page. Well Raghav- the person you lost touch in 1993 is very near to your current location. He's in Delhi, working for a Private equity major.

If you want more on this, lemme know. write me scrap on Orkut. Find me with the my name..Thanks. Godspeed.

Popular posts from this blog

undone

If life was a Hollywood film... the action would be intense,
It's actually closer to Bollywood... with the same people and the same stories.

Giving up on real life opportunities to create the iconic twists, the hallmark of great cinema and it's storytellers. If every story had the same ending, how would one imagine the what-ifs of life?

Some stories come out best when they start with an ending. It makes for more poignant stories when you deal with certain characters. There is an element of drama on an unfulfilled love story or unrequited love too.

The mundane is never enough for some of us. The happily ever after is an ending from the fairytales of the brothers Grimm.

The piano man

Sitting bored in the mall when we could be shopping for her gift. The lady is on an official call, so I'm sitting by the wayside observing the man in the centre of the atrium. He's playing a piano. Hence the name - piano manHe's playing a melody oblivious to the sea of humanity around him. No mean task as it is. His tunes run a plethora of melody with no fixed agenda as it is. He looks around hoping someone would make a request - but the crowd treats him like they would an invisible entity. There's pain in the back of his mind and heart. Nothing hurts an artiste more than invisibility. He never knew he'd end up like this playing the walking melody to thousands. His music had always been planned on the good graces of melody with people singing in chorus.
That things did not go as planned, well no surprise there. Circumstance might have been fortuitous had he been willing to bend over. Ever the true blooded artiste, he'd chosen the path less traveled.Now the wai…

Memoirs Again...

Campion Days - Class 10A
Batch of 1993 Sitting (L-R) Siddharth Rastogi , Shabbar Tambhawalla, Ashish Gupta, Ian Pinto, Jogesh Lulla, Kumarmangalam Bagrodia Standing Row 1 (L-R) Varun Rai, Rahul Guha, Nitin Kagzi, Raunak Shah, Amit Kumar, Dhananjay Pratap, Harshwardhan Bhuwalka, Anshul Pathania, Ashish Bhiwandikar, xxx Standing Row 2 (L-R) xxx, Karthik Ganeshan, Raghav Ramdev, Sachin Ranganathan, Karthik Deora, Vishal Rao, Pavit Chaddha , Arjun - yep thats me Standing Row 3 (L-R) Kush Mehta, Anand Dhuldhoya, Meherwan Joshi, Anant Bajaj, Gurpal Dhingra, Burjis Cursetji, Marzee Devichand. So I guess I got all the names, but 2. Not bad - 12 year s after passing out of school and not having been in contact with most of the people in this snap. I Spent 9 years at Campion. All the formative years were spent here, and we did form up well at the end of it. Today, people say that the Campionites are quite snooty and snobbish. Never really felt it at that point of time. We had a mixed crowd and more …